1. Portfolio services and affiliation. Portfolio services offered by Loring Ward, a division of LWI Financial Inc., which is affiliated with Loring Ward Securities Inc., member FINRA/SIPC.
2. Review reports. Reports provided on this Site contain important account information. If you have any questions regarding, or note any errors in, such reports, please contact your financial advisor immediately. This is very important, since Loring Ward assumes no responsibility for errors reported more than 10 days after you receive a report, and each report will be deemed conclusive after this period of time.
3. Supplemental information. The information presented on this Site should be viewed as supplemental and not in place of your regular account statements.
4. Reliable sources. Loring Ward and other data providers believe the information provided on this Site has been obtained from reliable sources, but accuracy, completeness and suitability for any purpose cannot be guaranteed.
5. Asset classifications. In performing portfolio services for client accounts, Loring Ward may classify account assets into asset classes. In making this determination, Loring Ward may rely on outside sources, such as standard industry codes and research furnished by independent service providers. Loring Ward so determines the asset classes of securities in its sole discretion.
6. Past performance is no indication of future results, and values fluctuate. Past performance cannot guarantee future results. Principal value, share/bond prices and investment returns fluctuate with changes in market conditions, so that an investor's shares/bonds, when redeemed or sold, may be worth more or less than their original cost.
7. Read the prospectus carefully. For more information about any of the mutual funds listed on this Site, including strategies, risks, fees and expenses, obtain a prospectus by calling your financial advisor. Read the prospectus carefully before you invest or send money.
8. Custodial statements. In certain circumstances, information presented on this Site may not reconcile with information you receive from your custodian. This may be due to differences in reporting policies (i.e., trade date vs. settlement date reporting) or price sources. Contact your financial advisor with any questions you may have about such discrepancies.
9. Unmanaged assets. Certain reports on this Site contain asset allocation information for client accounts. Unmanaged assets held in such accounts are not included in the asset allocations listed.
10. Cash availability. Cash and cash equivalents listed in various reports on this Site may include accrued but unearned income and additional assets that may not be available for distribution. Contact your financial advisor to determine the availability of cash in your account.
11. Dividend and interest income. Dividends paid by mutual funds and money market funds are often automatically reinvested. Dividend and interest income listed in various reports on this Site may not be available for distribution. Contact your financial advisor to determine the availability of cash in your account.
12. Transactions include transfers. Transactions listed in various reports on this Site may include transfers among a client's accounts.
13. No tax advice. Certain reports provided on this Site define gains and losses as either short term (holding period of 1 year or less) or long term (holding period grater than 1 year). The reports do not delineate mid term gains and losses. Please note, however, that Loring Ward is not a tax advisor, and the reports should not be construed as providing tax advice. Please consult with your tax advisor if you have any questions.
14. Special risks of international investing. Many client accounts invest either directly or indirectly (i.e., through mutual funds) in foreign securities. Investments in foreign securities involve risks in addition to those of U.S. securities, including fluctuating foreign exchange rates, more limited information available about issuers of securities, foreign government regulations and differing degrees of liquidity, which may adversely affect the clients' accounts.
15. Small capitalization companies. Many client accounts invest either directly or indirectly (i.e., through mutual funds) in smaller companies. Investment in smaller companies presents greater risk of loss than investment in large companies.
16. The impact of taxes. As an investor in mutual funds and other securities, you may receive taxable dividends and capital gains. Taxes on such items can affect the returns you realize from your investments. Income you receive from certain investments may be subject to the Alternative Minimum Tax (AMT). Please consult with your tax advisor before making any investment and consider the effect that taxes may have on your investment returns.
17. Additional fees and expenses. Performance information shown is net of all mutual fund fees and expenses, but does not include any charges or fees imposed by Loring Ward, your financial advisor or your custodian, or any transaction costs incurred in your account. If such fees or costs had been included, the performance would have been reduced. For information on fees charged and costs incurred, and their effect on performance, please consult your financial advisor.
18. Expense limitation. Certain mutual funds' managers have contractually agreed to waive their fees and/or to reimburse expenses to the extent necessary to limit each fund's total operating expenses during a given period. Without these expense limitations, the relevant funds' total returns and yields would be lower. Please see the funds' prospectuses for details.
19. Fund registration. Certain mutual funds are not registered for sale in all states. Ask your financial advisor about the availability of relevant funds in your state. In addition, the mutual funds listed on this Site are generally available only to investors in the United States. The information contained in this Site is not an offer to sell or a solicitation of an offer to buy the securities, products or services mentioned here, and no offers or sales will be made in jurisdictions in which the offer and sale of these securities, products and services is not qualified or otherwise exempt from regulation.
20. Indices are unmanaged. Indices are unmanaged and do not reflect the payment of advisory fees and other expenses associated with an investment in a mutual fund or separate account. Investors cannot directly invest in an index.
21. Money market fund. $1 share price. Money market funds are managed to maintain a stable $1.00 share price. However, an investment in a money market fund is not insured or guaranteed by the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation or any other government agency. Although money market funds seek to preserve the value of your investment at $1.00 per share, it is possible to lose money by investing in a money market fund.
Loring Ward Corporate Office
3055 Olin Avenue, Suite 2000
San Jose, CA 95128
Telephone: (408) 260-3100
Toll Free: (800) 366-7266
Managing Director of Marketing & Communications
Telephone: (646) 285-4785
Click here to find an advisor in your area who works with Loring Ward.